WILLOWS FARM VILLAGE

Ive have been raised in a very happy home, both my parents are very much family oriented, every weekend they never fail to spend time with us, they would plan a picnic, plan a road trip, basically anything just to get us out of the house and interact with each other. The stereotype of a happy family you see on TV family playing together, laughing and having a good time, singing in the car, that was exactly how i remember my childhood was.  Ive always loved this about my family. 

Now that I have a family of my own I wanted to give my kids what Ive experienced as a child, I remember how happy I was as a child. So despite my husband's busy schedule I always plan a day out with the kids in the weekends. 

Last month we went to Willows farm village in st. albans, its was AMAZING! the weather was good, its was a perfect day out. Despite the entry fee of £13.++ each, which is a bit steep, I think it was worth every penny. It was better than the London Zoo that cost £25 roughly per person.





The key to having a fully productive day out is to go out early, thats what i believed,  and how I was raised, my father was very  particular about time, and i grew up being like him, HOWEVER I am married to my beloved husband who's weakness is that he can't get out of bed early. so we ended up arriving at about 12.30pm. 

There was so many things to do here, the first thing you would notice is that this place is beautiful, i always love a country side, haven't got the chance to visit that many country side yet. but In shaa allah (god willing) one day I will be able to. And the first thing you see also is this young driver zone, where children can ride "tractors" Shifa had so much fun riding it, well while we do the pushing. from here I realised that she wasn't ready for a bicycle because she doesn't paddle, and I am not a very patience person so daddy does the teaching.  



When you enter they you do get a leaflets of the activities that will take place on the day and what time, so you can plan your day better, we didn't really bother orginizing too much, we just thought we're here, shifts having fun, let her decide what she wants to do.






at about 1.30 a mascot made an appearance, apparently its a cartoon character ( shifa don't watch that many cartoons so i have no idea what the mascot's called. You guys probably know). Its probably some pokemon character or something. But while others was gathering here shifa had no interest what so ever and just walked away. Typical of shifa.




You know those rides that you see in the mall that usually cost about £2 a ride, shifa love those, and this "marry go round" rides is one of the part where i felt money well spent, because your kids can go on in as many time as you want at no additional cost. so shifa rides almost all of them round and round she went till she gets bored and said "oh look" again.




and then there was the area where kids can play with sand.


And there was the indoor play area called "wooly jumpers" and parents can slide too so weeeeeeeee...... !!! but remember to bring socks along if you are not wearing them already. otherwise they won't allow you in the play area, they do sell socks, but why buy when you can bring them from home eh?

and there was also a smaller play area for toddlers, its gated so i say just find the best seat near the play area. and have some tea while keeping an eye on your toddlers while they play. 

there are also some animals you can pet like rabbits and Guinea pigs, you can fee the horse and sheeps. after all it is a farm i almost forget that for a moment, too excited over the slide.  I will let the pictures do the talking.





 























my pictures are limited, but we didn't even finish playing with everything, we didn't even play at their playground with swings and sand pits etc, but we did go on the tractor ride, that I don't particularly enjoy it was way too noisy, but comparing this place with the zoo, i would definitely take shifa here again.




bye willows farm, hope to see you again soon ;)









Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.